ABOUT THIS COURSE
The development of behavioural detection, especially during sensitive events, directly relates to the continued threat of a terror attack in our society. A service that was primarily provided by trained police officers, there is nowadays acceptance that also private security providers may play a role in this unique field.
A Counter Terrorism Behavioural Detection Officer (BDO) looks for the subtle signs that may indicate that a person does not fit in with those around them, being able to anticipate moves, or discover deception and hostile surveillance.
This course is developed discussing three principal areas:
- Terrorism, terrorist and extremist ideologies, terrorist targets, and tactics;
- Criminal behaviours, and human behaviours within a criminal and terrorist context;
- Surveillance, Counter Surveillance and applied technologies.
In practice, the CT BDO course in Singapore will provide the basis for:
- an understanding of terrorism and political violence;
- the application of protective human behavioural scanning and screening, especially in a counter terrorism context;
- the understanding of surveillance techniques, and the detection of hostile surveillance actors;
- identification of deceptive verbal indicators and body languages patterns;
- the application of different security technologies in the frame of surveillance.
How the Course will develop...
After a presentation on the different terrorist ideologies, what is considered a related preferred target, and the most common terrorist tactics applied, the course will follow offering a sound understanding of the different connotations in human behaviours within a criminal and terrorist context.
The aim is to offer a learning experience that will permit the trainee to define, classify and recognize different human behavioural patterns, criminal behaviours, psychological aspects, deceptive verbal indicators and body language outcomes.the end of the course.
The course will introduce the trainee to a realistic outdoor surveillance operation simulation.
Synopsis of the major TTX
*Helen is a Person of Interest (POI) in an ongoing investigation. She is known as an intermediary linked to an Asian organised crime ring that provide weapons and new identities to criminals and terrorists. Wiretapped by security services in another country, trainees are roughly aware of the possible location of a meeting between her and a member of a terrorist organization. During the meeting she will set up the basis for the delivery of several stolen passports and weapons and she will receive in exchange an initial sum of money.
Trainees will work in order to identify the meeting place, aware of possible hostile surveillance in place, they will put in operation surveillance activities in order to detect souspicious behaviour, and collect any useful information about the meeting, the person met by the POI and the eventual exchange of money, stolen documents, or weapons.
An Operation de-briefing will follow the exercise.
For Information on Training Venue and Dates pls contact: